Friday, March 31, 2006

My Ikebana class



That's what I did yesterday (shown on picture).

So I stared to join Ikebana class, once a week, and amazed to see so many people in the class, full!!! well, 99% are woman with age..

Need to buy special tools, vase, 'kenzan' (needle point holder)..

I can not believe that Ikebana is such an art that involves with "ten" (heaven), "chi" (earth), "jin"(man).


The Ikebana trick is the angle, like 75 degree, 45 degree, 15 degree, it depends on how you play with it, and remember it's 3D, not 2D.. put a stick in the air to see which angle is the best.. that's what I was thinking...

Here's some of the 50 rules that I have to remember to do ikebana..

Talk to your flowers while working with them (with a pleasant tone plus smile??)

Be noble, serene and attentive in arranging flowers

It's a fun class..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home