Friday, July 28, 2006

Ending a job in one week

Am I spoiled? Yes, maybe...

I was looking for a part time job, but they ask me to work from 12:30 to 6:00pm, I thought I can do that, but actually, it's too long hours for me.

So, Friday will be last day for now..

I am kind happy for that.. Reasons:

1. The kids are kind old for me, they are 6-8 years old, they learned how to "deal" with teachers already, they know you can not punish them too hard, can not do anything if they refuse to do what teacher wants them..

2. Those who were born and raised in China are super hard to control their habits, that was a surprise to me, even those Chinese teachers agree..

3. The teachers there are good people, but the whole thing is not lack of management skill, not organized at all.

And, I know by my first day that I can not tolerate the culture here.. too China style, bossy, cheating, hire people w/o legal status, not good in speaking English (all kids speaks English when they play with each other) and kids laughing at their broken English..

Anyway, sooner or later I will stop working here, then sooner is better,,

How am I doing there in one week? I made the kids line-up at eating time, that was very impressive for other teachers... I make them read while nobody is talking at the same time..it never happened to them either.. I teach them one by one to finish their English homework package which other Chinese teacher can not do and parents appreciated that very much....

Again, I feel FREE ... until next time be tied up, I will enjoy my FREE time : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home